Girls Write Out
Monday, May 21, 2012
 Gump n lennon
I can watch Forrest Gump over and over again and never get tired of it. Every time it's on, I have to watch it. Here are my favorite reasons for loving the movie.

1. The gorgeous music score. Music transports us to another place and time, and in the case of Forrest Gump, it takes me to my teens. Love it!

2. Forrest's love for Jenny is unchanging, no matter what she does. It's a little picture of God's love for us, and how we should love others.

3. I love the cameos where Forrest is inserted into historical events. All those little slices of my past life bring back so many memories and it's just plain fun.

4. Forrest is an overcomer. No matter what bad circumstances life threw his way, he didn't let them change his attitude. You just have to love that about him.

5. Forrest realized his own shortcomings. So many of us dismiss our own failures and shortcomings, but he clearly knew he wasn't as smart as other people. But he didn't let that alter his life's course.

6. I love how he falls in love with his son from the moment he meets him.

7. I love the way faith if portrayed in the film. God is a constant in Forrest's life, and he assumes everyone feels that way. He's shocked when Lieutenant Dan doesn't seem to believe. God just is to Forrest.

8. I love the growth we see in Lieutenant Dan. That moment when he shows up with new legs and a content expression is wonderful.

9. I love the way Forrest is faithful to his friends, even after they're dead. He takes care of Bubba's mother even though he wasn't required to give her a cent. He's faithful to Lieutenant Dan even when he rails against him. He doesn't let anything deter him.

10. "Life is a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get." I just love that line. It's so true. And no matter what is in the middle of our chocolate, we can move forward with life.

How about you? What did you most enjoy about Forrest Gump? And don't tell me you hated the movie because I'll have to wonder about your taste in movies. LOL I just love it!

Labels:

Colleen Coble  
posted at 4:52 PM  
  Comments (7)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
7 Comments:
At 9:03 PM, Blogger jel said...

dh and I like the movie,
but DH, didn't think it was perfect, he said that MidWay was a perfect movie!
( his words, not mine) :)

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

I think Forrest could be edited. It's too long for my tastes, but I love the "Being There"aspect to it. I think "Casablanca" is the perfect movie.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Ok, you're not going to like me, but I didn't care for the movie. Mostly it was the poorly done "Southern" accent- it was so distracting to me that I couldn't get into the movie. I'm a Georgia girl- I know my Southern. :)

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Andy and Ana said...

Evening Colleen, Found you thru Susanne Woods Fisher Interview. My husband, Son & I loved Forrest Gump. Our favorite parts: Hubby loves Leutenant Dan, when he first meets Gump & his best friend....Don't salute an Officer! (scarey yet funny). My son: Loves how he rescued his friend....how he just kept running. I love: His momma taking in renters and they have Elvis staying with them! It touched all our hearts. Thanks, Ana & Andy Harshaw & son :)

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

I think the other reason Dave and I loved it was just the era. It was "our" era, Ana and Andy. LOL

Too bad you didn't like it, Sheila!

I think I need to watch it again. LOL

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Crystal Laine said...

I was raised in the South, and there were many familiar things to me in that movie--love the setting--and I, too, love the movie. It resonates because of the history reminders, the way Forest interacts with those he loves, the times and how to come through them.

I cry and laugh at each thing and I quote from that movie all the time! (Or sometimes deliberately "misquote" to suit my purposes.) But yeah, I'm with you, Colleen. One of my favorites.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Cyndi said...

I'm afraid I don't consider it the perfect movie. :-/ I enjoyed for the reasons you stated... but I guess I watched it when my kids were younger and at a stage that the brief nudity really bothered me. It would probably be different now... I may have to try it again. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz