Girls Write Out
Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Scotty and Alice were not your typical couple. They mentored young couples and we were blessed enough to be one of them. They took us into their home time and again. They always had a meal and a laugh to share. They were there for us when our kids came along and loved them too. I can still remember walking into the hospital room of our two-year-old daughter and seeing Alice already there, comforting her. I remember how they enjoyed all the kids’ antics as though they were their grandparents.

Each time I think of them I’m challenged to do a better job of reaching out to others. Scotty had a servant’s heart. Whenever there was a need, Scotty was there. Alice made me laugh till my sides hurt.

Last night we went to see them (they live in a different town). Scotty had cancer. He died before we got home.

Every day is a gift. That’s become my mantra. I want to enjoy every moment of it and encourage others to do the same. My books won't change the world, but it is my prayer that they will encourage the weary and bring a smile to those who need it—especially when life gets hard.

I want to leave behind a legacy of love and laughter—just like Scotty.

Diann Hunt  
posted at 8:38 AM  
  Comments (8)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
8 Comments:
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Megan DiMaria said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a blessing the wonderful memories of this man of God will be to you as you continue on your journey. I'm sure you've learned tons from his example and you are a blessing to others as well.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

You said, "I want to leave behind a legacy of love and laughter."

Well said!

I wan to do that too.

Thanks for the great post.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Julie Carobini said...

You said it, Colleen.

Thanks for that,
Julie

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Keisha said...

I am sorry for your lost. I kmow losing someone you love is hard. But what a joyous day it will be when we all meet again.

Some recent experiences in my life with spiritual abuse, has truly opened me up to being a person who lives this life that God has blessed me with to the fullest.

Thank you for sharing your memories, and giving me one more example of the kind of person, God truly wants me to be.

God bless you!

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

We had a friend like that. Paul Delozier. He and his wife were dear to us. Paul had a malignant brain tumor. When we knew God was calling him home, I got to talk to Paul on the phone two weeks before he went to be with the Lord. What a blessing. I got to wish him bon voyage and sang praise songs with him over the phone. He was so pumped about his pending journey, I've never forgotten it - or him.

Scotty will remain a treasured memory for you and an inspiration. What a legacy.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Jaime Wright said...

As my husband consistently reminds me, in the case of believer, "death is only painful for those left behind." Smiling through our tears ushers our dearest family members into the most exhilarating and joy-filled experience of their life! In the meantime, prayers are with you and Scott's family ...

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! I'm so glad to know there's more to this life than, well, this life.

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger Camy Tang said...

So sorry to hear about that, Diann. It's good for us to remember the legacy we'll leave behind.

Camy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz