Girls Write Out
Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My husband and I are staying with three of our granddaughters (ages 6, 4, 2) this week while their mom (our daughter) and dad bask beneath the warmth of the Florida sun. We’re only four days into this. I’m slugging around like Egor, eyelids hanging down to my knees, and I’m thinking one “boo” could send me to my heavenly reward.

Let’s see, the youngest tried to eat green fingernail polish yesterday, and today she decided to pour pink polish on her jeans, her shirt, her sweater, and finally, her belly and hands. Amazingly enough, she still somehow managed to slip in a manicure/pedicure in the process.

The house reeks of nail polish.

Have I mentioned that I’ve discovered that my angelic little granddaughters do not always appreciate one another? Can you imagine? As in, “Sister, you touch my toy, and I’ll break your hand.” Must have gotten that from their father’s side.

Today one wanted to play music and swirl around in her princess costume. Another wanted to watch videos. In the SAME room. The two-year-old snitched Princess’s cookie, the dog threw up, the music screamed to decibels that made my ears pop and naptime swooped down upon the unsuspecting trio before they could blink.

To all you Moms out there. I applaud you. I’d forgotten what a challenging task you face every day. Thanks for all you do!

In the meantime, it’s back to the kid jungle for me. But when these girls grow into teenagers? I’m so outta here!

Diann Hunt  
posted at 7:29 AM  
  Comments (9)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
9 Comments:
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Aw, I think you're telling lies on those angelic girls. No girls that darling could be a handful. Okay, I'm remembering my daughter here so maybe I spoke too soon. LOL

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

And we moms who sometimes are offered a break by grandparents are just as thankful!!!!

I always wanted fuller lips. I'd thought of silicon, but wax would be less invasive. Let me get myself to the drug store.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

ROTFLOL, Gina! And the lipstick is the kind that never come off. ;-)

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Chaos-Jamie said...

My favorite part of vacation (away from the kiddos) is returning to the grandparents and hearing them tell me how hard I work. It makes up for all the "you are freking out about nothing" looks they give me the rest of the time!

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger AJY said...

I'm sure you know; but parents of small children REALLY appreciate having grandparents who willingly and responsibly watch our most precious cargo.

My out-of-state parents watched our 2 1/2 yo son and 1 yo daughter while we were at the hospital having our third (a son). This was about 6 weeks ago and I'm still trying to find the appropriate way to thank them. Of course we used words; but as a grandparent, do you have any great ideas for a gift? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

You know, Ajy, like Kristin said, a heartfelt letter can mean as much as anything. Our girls went to the other grandma's house today, and I missed them like crazy! When they came home, they rushed into my waiting arms. Believe me, that's thanks enough. :-)

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Heather said...

As a mom who recently had her 3 taken care of by Mimi for several days. . .I thank you! I'm hoping the trip does as much for your daughter's mental well being as it did for me.

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i completely enjoyed my first book by you blissfully yours. i shall buy all your books. i so laughed out loud lol now a dedicated reader wanda freeman

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Thanks for writing, Wanda! So glad you enjoyed it!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz